“These words reveal the child’s inner needs: Help me to do it alone.” – Maria Montessori
Our Montessori program invites children on a daily adventure in a safe, secure environment. Tailored to each child’s needs, we give toddlers time and opportunities to immerse themselves in four areas that go beyond what a traditional daycare can offer:
- Preparing Food
- Washing Hands
- Texture Matching – Children match textures on boards with examples provided to build vocabulary and association.
- Sound Matching – Children use cylinders and general sound materials to distinguish and match different sounds as they develop a sense of hearing, and expand their vocabulary.
- Size Matching – Children match like items at different sizes, including cylinders, towers, stairs, and other various sized shapes to build visual recognition, focus and concentration.
- Color Matching and Recall – Children learn to identify and recall colors with various materials to build visual recognition, memory, and concentration skills.
- Mathematics – Through use of the calendar and teacher-created materials, Eagles Nest toddlers learn to recite and identify numbers while also coming to understand that numbers have value.
- Science – Science concepts are introduced through weekly topics that help to lay the foundation for scientific exploration. Hands-on activities and discussions promote discovery.
- The Arts – Eagles Nest toddlers develop self-expression and a passion for the arts by creating unique projects, singing playful songs and reciting fun rhymes daily. These musical and artistic experiences teach children to work on creative expression — with process being more important than product.